Do not connecting to the internet when using this guide and using the suite after that.( never online on using ).Some pictures below will shows you this ...
Don’t worry, because some guys over at who knows where got the fix that will save you many hours of headaches. The problem lies within the “amtlib.dll” file in each of the CS4 application directories. However, downloading a simple fix and updating each of the files with a newer one can solve this problem.
Download master suite cs4 trial version from Adobe before but do not install to used after set with this one guide & files of theflashblogger below:
*Adobe Creative Suite 4 Keygen & Activation Patch*
- Disconnect from the internet .
- Install your CS4 suite or software using the trial option.
- Finish installing and DO NOT register.
- Run the 'Activation Blocker.bat' file (run as administrator- run file activation.bat )
- Copy the file 'amtlib.dll' into the install directory overwriting the exsisting file......copy file amtlib.dll in folder crack\amtlib.dll(32bit)
...copy file amtlib.dll in folder crack\amtlib.dll(64bit)
- Run an Adobe program and enter a serial using the keygen. (run file keygen and click to Generating and copy & paste this new key)
- Done :)
- To solve that setthe date back then deactivate your product (check the box to remove the serial also).Then put the dateforward and enter a new serial :)
Only do the following steps if the previous steps didn’t work for you.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, open the “hosts” file there with Notepad.
Add the following lines at the end of the file:
Save, NOT save as, and quit both applications.
Launch any CS4 application, use the serial to activate.
Only do steps 4+5 if the previous steps didn’t work for you.
Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache
and delete the file “cache.DB”
Enter a new serial number for the applications and open up any Adobe Creative Suite program.
Now everything should be working fine. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.